Monday, October 10, 2011

Angels in the Office

 Dental pain is not new to me but doing something about it is. And I'd like to
tell you why, and what I'm doing about it. That might be interesting.The best
part of this article, though, is the part about Angels.

 First, let me ask: Do you believe in Angels? I sure do. You who know me, know that I had a sudden cardiac arrest in 2008, and that I had a remarkable
spiritual experience to go with it. It was complicated, so I'll just say, for now, that I died and was in the presence of an Angel. Many people have said that.
That's not new. I'm wondering though, for the first time, if some people, here
on Earth, are truly Angelic. I don't mean that they are "nice", or "good looking", or fit the religious descriptions of Angels. I'm actually asking if people can become Angels; if they might have an "Angelic DNA", so to speak, and so become full Angels in a future time. If it's possible, is there evidence?

 Well, to get back to the dental part of this, I suppose that if some people can
be Angels, then some others can be Devils. (It's easier to believe in Devils,
isn't it?) I know of a dentist who may have been one!

 I met him a long time ago - back around 1985. I had an abscessed tooth just
below the right side of my nose. Yep, that's where it really hurts. It hurt so
much that I couldn't think straight. I didn't know whether to punch myself in
the head or just pee in my pants and cry. It hurt that much. I went out to find
a dentist.

 The only one who would take me on a late Friday afternoon, "tested" my tooth repeatedly with some electrical device that looked like the stun guns of today. I sat absolutely mummified in his chair as he shocked my tooth! Over and over again, each time turning up the power. As I said, I wasn't thinking straight at the time or I never would have allowed that. I called it off after about a dozen shocks and then he informed me that no dentist would see me so late on Friday, or on the weekend - EXCEPT for one dentist with whom he had once been a professional partner.

 I was in so much pain that I had to accept the referral. I didn't understand,
though, why he wouldn't give me some novacaine or an antibiotic, but he wouldn't. He made an appointment, in my name, for the next day. And that is when I met the Devil. Maybe I should say, the "other Devil".

 Doctor B, seemed very reluctant to see me on a Saturday, but he did. He gave me an anesthetic and said my teeth would have to be cleaned before he could do a root canal. I believed that, too. His assistant did the "cleaning" with some
sort of hand-held laser device. She was not kind. That device HURT like hell.
Tooth after tooth. She said that the plaque had to be removed from the gum line and that was the easiest way to do it. After a long time, she was finished.



 Then came the root canal. It took forever. He "had to" do it three times, each
time starting over again. Now, I should tell you that I have long roots, some of
them kind of twisted. Before Dr. B had finished, he had pushed his little needle-drill way past the tooth and, I believe, right into a sinus opening. I left his office thinking that my tooth would never hurt again. I was wrong. It was
infection after infection. Pain and more pain. I swore I would never go to
another dentist and I didn't, not until 25 years later - which was a few days
ago - which brings us to the Angels.

[I want to tell you that Doctor B, without any action on my part, was arrested
a couple of months later. He was being watched by the FBI, IRS, and who knows who else. He tried to run away to Germany with tens of thousands of dollars in cash, many "doctored" patient records, and false insurance claims. Doctor B was a Busy B, wasn't he? Well, the FBI did arrest him, it was in the newspapers, and I hope he was sentenced to Life in Heaven, because he would have only felt at home in Hell.]

 So, on with the story. A few weeks ago, some teeth in my upper left jaw began to hurt - a lot. Now, my teeth are in VERY bad shape, as you can imagine. Since Doctor B, I have had one painful infection after another and eight or nine teeth eventually broke apart - down to the gums. I'm not kidding, folks, it's bad. Not to mention discolor, etc. As I said to the dental assistant, "I don't want you to look in my mouth. It's a junkyard in there!"

 Once again, pain had brought me to a dentist. I hoped it would be better this
time, but I wasn't going to put up with ANY nonsense. Now, I'm 60 years old, fat but strong, kinda crabby, and not the type to scare easily. I was afraid of this dental appointment, though. I walked into the office, expecting to be greeted by a squinty-eyed Doberman with a bow in her hair. But guess what?

I MET AN ANGEL!

 Yes, I am sure of it! She looked at me and sent some kind of pain-relieving
compassion into my heart, and from there, straight up to my teeth. I actually
felt relaxed as I filled out the patient history form. That's something I hate to
do, because too many questions are invasive and unrelated. But not this form. It was friendly and respectful.

 Then, when I gave that back, another young woman greeted me and took me to the exam room. She was like the first one - calm, friendly, sympathetic, and if I may say so, quite pretty. But there was something about her manner that wasn't quite "normal". She was calming me just by being near me. (That's a change.)
 Maybe she was just charming me into trusting the dentist, who was about to enter the room. I've always been a sucker for a charm. But I actually did trust the dentist when he appeared. After what I'd been through, I'd have to call that a real Miracle, and "normal" people don't do real Miracles. The Doctor looked at my ughhh-leee teeth and never even flinched. It was as if he'd seen it all before. He made an appointment for me to return and get the work started. (Demolition, really.)

 Ok, so I returned two days ago, and was met by another Angel. She may have been the same Angel from days before, but I was so dazzled that I couldn't really tell. On this day, I was to meet with another Doctor in the office. First, of course, I was met by HIS Angel, who led me to the chair that most of us have hated at one time or another, but not this time. I don't know what power she had over me, but I just flowed into that chair like thick paint, and she could have melted me like butter. But I suspect she doesn't turn it up full-blast for simple tooth extractions. Actually, it was to be two teeth pulled, and two roots dug out from below the gumline. She was amazing and I was calm.

 Then, the Doctor came in and I immediately felt a trust unknown to me for 25 years. Not only trust in a dentist, but trust in a Man. He talked a little as he went to work. He was so willing to use as much anesthetic as I needed, that I thought I had won the lottery. To be honest, there were a few "pinches" now and then, but that is all. I never would have believed that four in a row could be that easy! But it was easy. All the while, I had my hands folded over my chest like a man in a casket (just in case). Each time the Doctor gave me more anesthetic (by needle), she would put her hand on mine until he was done. I've never heard of that being done before. I'm telling you now, that there was some kind of power from her hand that kept me still. (Ok, so my right foot was jerking around a little. I'll admit that.) And time seemed to go by so quickly. I mean quickly. It felt like 20 minutes and then we were done, but of course it was much longer. Another thing to ponder: did she make time disappear?

 I can't believe I'm saying this, but I didn't want to leave that room. The doctor could have taken out every tooth, my jaw bone and a few ribs, and I wouldn't have complained. They both were fantastic! Was he an Angel, too? Why not? He and the other Doctor, both had the same calming qualities and no doubt chose the assistants who would work with them.

 So, this is where the story usually ends, but there's a little more. I still
had to pay the bill and make the next appointment. I walked out to the front desk, and to my surprise, more Angels! I'm not kidding! I really have this deep
feeling that I have fallen in among a bevy of Angels! They may not be fully
actuated, but in time they will be. They were so friendly and cheerful and most of all, compassionate - and they displayed that compassion, too.

 You may not believe any of this, but please don't forget... I died a few years
ago, and was guided by a real Angel. Yes, it really happened - no matter what
your religious ideas, or lack of them. So today, I know Angels when I'm in their presence, and I was in their presence. If you ever meet them, their names are Sharla, Meggen, Jessica and Kris. I spotted a few more floating around the office, too. (Not Angel names, you say? How can we know that?)

 - - - - - - - - - -


Originally posted by me on Friday, September 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm


 I have acknowledged the good people mentioned above, in my page called "Good Things".

If I've led you to believe that this world is now free of evil, then let me
share this private information with you: my dental bill, so far, shows a
"balance due" of $666.00!

 As they say, the "Devil is in the details."

No comments:

Post a Comment